Our client is one of the leading independent generators of renewable energy in the UK. They are now seeking to recruit a Managing Director for an important part of their Business.
The successful candidate will lead a team of committed professionals to ensure the efficient and effective management of this business.
The successful candidate will, amongst other activities:
- Ensure that processes and procedures are in place to deliver and report on:
- The highest standards of Health & Safety.
- Maximum gas collection efficiency.
- Best possible engine efficiency.
- Best possible operating cost management.
- Effective and equitable performance management systems.
- Pro-active management of relationships with landfill operators
- Deliver comprehensive monthly reports to the Board.
- Provide accurate business plans and budgets and ensure performance and resources are managed with such.
- Identify and pursue business development opportunities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications to at least degree level or equivalent
- Significant management experience, including reporting to a main board.
- Significant experience with and understanding of pwer generation from combustion processes
- Excellent people management skills, including having managed a multi-site / remote working context
- Demonstrated ability to manage Health & Safety issues in a high risk, engineering environment
- Demonstrated commercial skills with the ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers and other counterparties.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with a market leading organisation.