Managing Director - Solar (Middle East)
Role and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with key stakeholders in regional private and public sector organisations to identify and develop project opportunities.
- Lead the project management of new solar plant projects and act as a lead developer, commercially and technically for their development and construction of solar renewable projects.
- Prepare commercial plans for investor and due diligence of potential sites.
- Advise on and support the planning stages of renewable energy projects, including managing and directing external consultancy input and authoring reports.
- Attend and speak at meetings, public meetings and exhibitions.
- Subject to organic growth, employ relevant staff to resolve issues which arise from renewable energy developments, including solar designers and project managers.
- Liaise with solar connection offers and connection work.
- Manage in the construction phase project management of renewable energy projects.
- Manage the development and improvement of internal company procedures and practices to improve the management and delivery of renewable energy projects, and support organic growth.
- Identify, undertake and commit to H&S and training.
- Reporting into the board monthly.
Essential experience and skills:
- 10+ years professional experience in renewable energy, energy project development, or business startup management.
- Experience and interest in solar technology, project development, and/or rural development projects.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Efficient and effective independent worker with little need for direct management.
- Willingness to live and work in Oman OR regionally, with regular regional travel around the middle east (as appropriate), and to the UK.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of, and skills for, liaising with high level public officials in middle eastern states.
- Experience of small-medium scale project development in middle east.
- Ability to contribute towards the strategic vision of the company
- Experience of identifying, securing, and managing project finance.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree educated (or higher)
- Specific experience of working in Oman and / or ME
- Arab speaker.