Are you looking for your next project or contract role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Mechanical and Electrical Engineer to work on a project for a world renowned company immersed in the maintenance and preservation of some of the UK's most historic buildings and landscapes.
The position will be office based in either the Swindon or London office and may require occasional travel to the companies' sites. The primary purpose of this role will be to assist the contract renewal programme manager in the review and re-procurement of all maintenance contracts and M&E maintenance programme schedules.
This role is offered on a 3mth contract basis, with the possibility of the contract being extended until the project is completed. A competitive pro-rata salary arrangement will be offered for this role.
- To review current M&E maintenance schedules and quality assure the measures term contracts to ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the company's corporate requirements and adhere to statutory legislation and health and safety requirements
- Feedback any amendments and suggestions to the Line Manager ensuring that any concerns or improvements are highlighted.
- Preparation of M&E standard schedules of operation for specialist plant and equipment adhering to a prescribed standard document template that will be provided.
- Attend and participate in progress review meetings in regards to measured term contracts and any other general survey review requirements
- Travel to sites and regional offices working with the MTC Renewal Project Manager in order to identify specified requirements for each site to review the maintenance schedules.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage own workload and work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness for extensive travel to sites and regional offices, involving occasional overnight stays
- Minimum HNC/HND level qualification in mechanical and/or electrical engineering or equivalent related discipline
- Experience of prepared schedules and specification for M&E contract term maintenance and schedule of rates
- Membership of recognised profession body e.g. CIBSE IET, IMechE
- Working practical knowledge of current legislation and regulations covering an extensive range of M&E systems including fire safety/firefighting equipment, gas safety, pressure systems, legionella controls, security systems and works relevant to statutory regulations and bylaws.
- Relevant Experience within Historic and Conservation environment
- Knowledge of specialist computer software such as AutoCAD and other M&E software
- Interest in new developments in M&E technology
- Knowledge of current CCTV and security systems and management requirements
- Knowledge of environmental issues including climate change and energy efficiency
For further information please apply here or call Gemma Howells on 01202 888986. We look forward to receiving your application.