Mechanical CAD Technician - Water
My client is looking to strengthen their Design team with a Mechanical CAD Technician based out of our Derby office. The Cad Technician will work closely with the Mechanical, Electrical, and Process Engineers on clean and waste water treatment projects to provide 3D Models, Isometric Drawings, Parts Lists, 2D Detailed GAs, to enable to scope of works to be designed, priced and constructed on site. You will report directly to the Mechanical Discipline Head and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
* Production of complex 3D Models and 2D drawings.
* Production of Isometric drawings, details and parts lists.
* Coordinate with and consult other team members/disciplines to design, layout and detail equipment for projects
* Mentor less experienced members of the department - eg apprentice development
* Review supplier/sub-Contractor drawings submitted (in their native form) on Projects and convert and insert into the 3D Model and 2D drawings.
* Carry out site surveys.
* Carry out clash detections on equipment/building steelwork and pipework, resolving any clash issues highlighted.
* Work closely with all engineering disciplines to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
* Ensure productivity, meet deadlines, keep track of files, and implement standards
* Work with Mechanical Estimators to set man-hours for CAD resources on Tenders and Projects.
* Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
* Several years' experience with CAD ideally within the water industry
* High level of competence in the generation of equipment layouts, pipework routing and detailed component draughting.
* Detailed working knowledge of CAD software programs including: Bentley, Microstation, Openplant Modeller, 2D and 3D AutoCAD.
* Proficient in the use of Projectwise
* Minimum HNC Mechanical Engineering with appropriate experience
* Flexible approach to working location
* Mechanical engineering degree