Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £50,000 per annum
Voted by staff as "great place to work" in their annual engagement survey, our client boasts an extensive range of business to business energy services, and is aiming to establish themselves as the leading provider of energy services for UK businesses. They are looking to bring an adept and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer into the Relationship Management team. The successful candidate will provide market-leading solutions, including energy efficient propositions and conservation technology for an extensive customer base.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will act as a thought leader internally as well as directly with the customer advising on energy conversion and efficiency best practices and methodologies. As well as ensuring that the team is up to date with accreditations such as CIBSE, RIBA and CITB, the successful candidate will engage with manufacturers and consultants to identify fit-for-purpose solutions. This will include outsourcing resources such as surveyors and designers when required. The Mechanical Design Engineer will act as a technical lead for mechanical design engineering solutions for major and complex projects and bids.
- Highly experienced within a mechanical or electrical design environment, possessing a solid understanding of energy conversion technologies such as refrigeration, heating and cogeneration.
- Hold a mechanical design and engineering or related degree level qualification
- Strong experience of IEV-VE or equivalent building modelling and a working knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- A fundamental knowledge of energy analytics is essential
- An understanding of financial modelling of energy conversion assets is advantageous, as is financial appraisal methods and lifestyle costs experience
- A good understanding of the energy monitoring and management market
- An understanding of working across multiple product and delivery verticals operating under different business models is preferred
To discuss this role further, please get in contact with Alex Carroll-Adams at Allen & York.