A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join a large multi disciplinary consultancy firm, working in the Cambridge area.
As a Mechanical Building Services Engineer you will be involved in a range of small to large projects within our building services team. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer opportunities for skill set and career development.
You will work autonomously within a team carrying out building services projects. You will manage several projects and the work of others.
The key elements of the role are (but not limited to);
- Managing the delivery of assigned Building Services projects.
- Working and liaising with associated engineering disciplines as part of delivering projects.
- Management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing external stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction and pursuing and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients.
- Carrying out design and calculation work using relevant industry software (i.e. IES,Revit Hevacomp).
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects.
- Maximising profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, reacting and anticipating potential problems and communicating in line with client expectations.
- Demonstrating technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership whilst proactively coaching and developing more junior team members.
As a senior member of the team you will apply your business development knowledge to identify and support work winning strategies to help grow the size and capability of the team.
Prefered requirements to be considered for the role;
- Degree in mechanical or building services related subject.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards).
- Membership of UK IMechE or CIBSE
- Highly respected by current clients.
- Ability to produce bespoke building services designs to British Standards.
- Ability to communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
- A consultative approach to dealing with clients.
- Ability to analyse information and offer solutions to clients that exceed expectations.
- Positive 'can-do' attitude, to working with colleagues and clients.
- Experience of working within an Integrated Management Systems environment.
- Adaptable to working within different client environments/cultures.
- Willing and able to travel within the UK and internationally as required.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to deliver multi aspect projects on-time and budget to the satisfaction of clients.
- Working autonomously as well as within teams as scope and range of project interaction alters accordingly.
- Experience working on a variety of Building Services design projects including, education, commercial, sport and leisure.
- Experience of working along side other engineering disciplines within a multi- disciplinary design consultancy.
- Aptitude and desire for involvement in business development.
- Experience of working on Building Services Engineering projects internationally.
- Competent user of Hevacomp / TAS / IES calculation software.
- Understanding of BREEAM, Low carbon and Building Regulations.
We look forward to receiving your application.