|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Group Leader|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Group Leader to join our engineering division based in East Midlands to support our clients Industrial Turbomachinery business.
An important senior position with responsibility for 6-8 engineers in a global engineering company who are well known across the world.
- Manage and lead a team to achieve agreed objectives on programme activities
- Co-ordinate work and tasks against the business plan
- Ensure that "High engineering standards" are maintained and developed by applying good engineering practices and provide guidance to members
- Monitor task progress against parameters, within specified constraints and ensure tasks are completed to programme
- Co-ordinate and decide on day to day activities and the resource required to meet design/development targets
- Select the best sequence of tests to meet required engine validation programmes
- Prioritise group and Compressor / Rotor activities to meet project targets
- Promote and develop staff and also be involved in the recruitment of new members of staff
- Define and supervise activities relating to Turbine Group targets
- Provide engineering technical expertise to staff
- Provide a central contact for Turbine technical queries
- Write and contribute to reports
- Resolve complex and technical issues in a timely manner
- Approve engineering work (gate reviews, peer reviews)
- Supervise and train- students, technicians and engineers
- Lead project teams on Turbine related projects
- Give direction to team members
- Approve work
- Programme Management
- Ensure specific task targets are achieved both individual and team
- Set and control tasks and take responsibility for the team
- Negotiate and approve timescales and programme plans
- Control projects to budget and time scale
- Ensure delivery of high level / specialist engineering work
- Approve the writing of reports, proposals, specifications, test programmes, presentations and review minutes
- Ensure delivery of groups approved weekly timesheets
- Carry out periodic performance appraisals and career planning with individuals
- May assist Group manager in identification of training and development requirements and arranging training
- Liaise with both customer and supplier groups and with other technical groups within the company as appropriate and reports progress
- Communicate and negotiate with customers and suppliers to clarify and agree requirements and resolve problems
- Present Turbine plans or technical reviews
- Deliver training and advice to junior staff group members
- Identify budget needs and also monitor spending all projects.
- Estimate and advise resource and material costs on specific development projects
- The applicant would be expected to have HNC or equivalent
- Extensive experience within the Oil and Gas and/or the Power Generation Industry- turbo machinery preferred.
- Customer focus
- Self- driven
- Ability to work well within a team as well as on their own
- People management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good foundation of IT skills to include SAP / MSP / Excel / Word
- The Power and Gas Division is the trusted partner for world class products and solutions for the oil and gas, power and industrial markets.
- The Division is dedicated to deliver its customers reliable, efficient, clean and safe products and solutions.
- They offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.