We have opportunities for professional mechanical engineers in our multi-disciplinary project teams delivering Water Engineering Services.
You will be responsible for mechanical aspects of all stages of the design of water & wastewater projects. This will include carrying out asset surveys, carrying out calculations (eg pump head), input to feasibility studies, conceptual & detailed design, tender assessment, review of Contractor submissions, witness testing of plant & technical support to construction management staff.
You will write the mechanical sections of reports and prepare tender documentation and drawings. You will need to communicate effectively and to co-ordinate your work with the rest of the design team.
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to join an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects into the Water Industry, we will be pleased to hear from you.
* You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering and will ideally either hold or be close to attaining Chartered Engineer status.
* You will have a good technical understanding of mechanical principles and should be familiar with the design of pumping systems.
* You will be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in the production of good quality written documentation, integrating your work with other discipline areas, and working to programme and budget constraints.
* You should be capable of working in a team or independently and have the ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required. You should also be proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
* Competence in AutoCAD would be an advantage
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate the following:
* Recent design experience of mechanical projects in the chemical, process, utility or allied industries - particularly involving pumping systems. Water Industry experience will be a significant advantage
* Experience in the production of specifications and / or technical reports
* Awareness of Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations and designing for safety
* Awareness of various methods of contract procurement, ideally including the ECC (NEC) forms of contract
* Typically we would expect someone to have around three years post qualification experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully, but we will also consider less experienced candidates