Mechanical Engineer – Water
If you’re looking for a role as a Mechanical Engineer and wishing to develop your career and are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our utilities team in Cardiff as a Senior Mechanical Engineer and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
My clients Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with some of the UK’s most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s utility services.
Reporting to a Principal Engineer, you will be accountable for the preparation of technical reports, design calculations, schedules, contract specifications, drawings (NB: CAD use by others), and technical reviews on design aspects to recognised UK, international, and client specific standards for Water and Waste Water process plant systems, Pumping systems and Infrastructure projects, adhering to highest H&S standards and ensure designers duties under CDM Regulations are met.
- Either leading and supporting in respect to the technical delivery of projects with direct client contact
- Identify and develop innovative technical solutions based on client needs and drivers
- Interface and co-ordinate work with multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., civil, structural, electrical, and ICA)
- Establish relationships with clients and project engineers on project technical, commercial and progress matters
- Ensuring designs meet compliance with, quality, safety and environmental systems
- Ensure capture of key project and technical knowledge
- Promote MEICA team capability and achievements both internally and externally
We are seeking to locate a career minded Mechanical Engineer to join our mechanical and design team based at our Cardiff office in delivering engineering solutions and advisory services on wide ranging projects within the water and wastewater market sector and beyond, including the energy, nuclear, and transport sectors spread throughout the UK. To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Chartered Engineer and member of recognised institution such as IMechE, IET or CIWEM
- Innovative thinker
- Team player and delivery focused
- Enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
- Travel Flexibility
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Water industry experience
- Electrical Systems design experience
- Working in a consulting engineer environment