Mechanical Engineering Design (Water)
Are you looking to join a progressive Water Engineering Business for a long term and rewarding career? Our client is a leader within the provision of authoritative engineering advice, environmental design and sustainability. Renowned for creative solutions that satisfy their clients' business objectives whilst respecting people and the environment.
Part of the company's client offering is the supply of the right quality advice and technical consultancy services for water and wastewater projects across the UK. To support our planned growth in AMP6 we are searching for a Mechanical Engineer based out of the South West who is technically competent, engaging to clients, reliable and collaborative.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team and often on multiple projects, you will deliver and oversee mechanical engineering design solutions across a variety of water sector clients. You will be involved at all points in the project life cycle from creating innovative conceptual ideas, to detailed designs, to supporting commissioning teams on site. You will regularly travel to client's offices, sites, suppliers and contractors.
You will also:
- Assist with the development of capability statements and reference material to support our strategies for the market sector
- Assist or lead the smaller tenders including pre-qualification questionnaires, expressions of interest and full tenders
- Undertake the mechanical elements of the concept study, outline and detailed design, e.g. site surveys, root cause analysis, technical calculations, specifications, commercial analyses, technical sketches, drawing production and the checking of outputs for the project
- Undertake factory plant inspections/testing, site inspections/testing, site trouble shooting and plant optimisation
- Be aware of work requirements and priorities and take personal responsibility to deliver this to agreed time, cost and quality requirements
- Ensure that all work you and others you are responsible for, is safely undertaken and compliant with the Company's Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others.
- HND, BEng or preferably MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Hold or be working towards a recognised professional qualification eg IEng or CEng and membership of a suitable institution eg IMechE
- You will be an experienced mechanical engineer with post graduate experience, within a design environment, in or closely associated with the water sector
- An understanding of CDM and awareness of DSEAR requirements
- Proficient in MS Office software
- An ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear and concise English
- Being passionate about design
- Your communication skills will be engaging and consistent
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors
- Ability to work on your own initiative but seek assistance when required
- Ability to lead, organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Ability to apply high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to share your knowledge with the business and support our training schemes
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
For more information contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.