Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Our client is seeking an experienced individual to join a growing and dynamic team, as a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor. This company works within an existing waste management and recycling infrastructure across multiple locations in the South East, and specialises in sustainable waste management.
The successful applicant will be reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager and will be responsible for leading and supervising teams of mechanical / civil contractors and fitters, who are directly employed to maintain, commission and install any equipment associated with the business.
· To identify faults and arrange / carryout repairs on all mechanical plant.
· Ensure the planned maintenance of equipment is carried out in accordance with the specifications of the job.
· Carry out project work as required to the correct standards.
· Ensure the completion of all relevant documentation and reports.
· To take particular responsibility for a designated area of the plant and lead in its maintenance objectives.
· To supervise the day-to-day work of a team of maintenance fitters and apprentices.
· To monitor, check and correct all time and attendance entries for the department's staff.
· To take ownership and accountability for the tasks.
· To assist in surveys and inspections of plant & equipment and take corrective action as required by company procedure.
· To ensure that scheduled routine maintenance checks are carried out to all plant and equipment to manufacturers' and company guidelines.
· Ensure that efficient and cost effective repairs are achieved.
· Manage maintenance staff in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
· To provide coaching, support and train others in the areas of their skill and knowledge and encourage continuous development of team members.
· Required to provide their own comprehensive hand tool kit.
· Demonstrate considerable experience in problem solving techniques / approaches in technical applications related to power generation or process plant operations.
· All duties to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 as well as the Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements.
· Equal Opportunities and Quality and Environmental Procedures of the company must be observed.
· Working outside normal working hours.
· Working at heights.
· NVQ Level 3, City & Guilds or similar vocational qualifications.
· Completed an apprenticeship or recognised training in mechanical fitting, including machining or pipefitting.
· Appropriate Supervisory Health and Safety qualifications / certifications.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.