Mechanical Technician (Waste)
Leading global waste recovery and energy consultancy have ambitious growth plans for 2018 and are expanding their Technology team. You will be a problem-solving Mechanical Technician working within an engineering test facility environment. Ideally you will have experience in undertaking technology testing, evaluation and trials. As well as, experience with water or gas pipelines, metering equipment and associated instrumentation, control and automation.
- Being part of the Technology team, working with colleagues to solve practical problems in the engineering test facility.
- Practical laboratory, outdoor test rig and field trial testing of a wide range of technologies.
- Analysing and interpreting test data against relevant standards and industry requirements.
- Contributing to the creation of high quality technical reports and presentations.
- Liaising with the supply chain to maintain new technology knowledge.
- Input into developing and enhancing new testing and evaluation services.
Qualifications & Experience
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 or 4 in Engineering / Engineering Maintenance or equivalent.
- Minimum of three GCSEs at Grade C or above in Maths, English plus a relevant scientific or engineering subject.
- Competent in basic data manipulation in MS Excel or similar.
- Physically fit to work in an outdoor environment and flexible to work at client sites as required.
- Practical experience and willingness to engage in all aspects of the role.
- High level of written and numerical competency.
- Strong communication skills.
- Eligible to work permanently in the UK.
Culture & Benefits
- Full on-job training.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Health plan.
- Free Parking.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
We look forward to receiving your application.