|Job Title:||Meter Reader - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - East Midlands, Leicestershire|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Meter Reader - Water
- The role will be home based.
- 44.5 hours a week, working flexibly over a six day week from Monday to Saturday, within a working time window from 6am to 8pm Mon to Sat.
- Late working within this time frame will be required to meet meter reading targets.
- The post holder will visit customer properties within, or as close as possible to the area where they live. Objective: To visit our customer's properties to obtain an accurate meter reading to ensure the customer is correctly charged. Full training will be given.
- At all times must present and conduct themselves in a smart, courteous, respectful and professional manner.
- Take ownership of the meter reading routes assigned to them by the Planners and agreed by the Field Services Team Manager.
- Ensure the electronic download of meters to be read are received in the handheld device on a daily basis and the resulting meter readings are returned via the home modem at the end of each day. Obtain an accurate meter reading, but advise the customer of any problem associated with obtaining a meter reading e.g. internal access maybe required if a reading cannot be obtained via the touchpad.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner by complying with all Field Services Safe Systems of Work procedures. Ensure all company property, vehicles, tools and equipment is maintained 'fit for purpose' at all times and immediately report / replace defective items. Aim to achieve all of the company targets assigned to this role.
- Knowledge of company charging policy.
- Operational or previous field working experience would be desirable.
- Good communications skills. Ability to work with customer to overcome any problems.
- Safety conscious.
- Self-motivated - able to work alone.
- Honest / trustworthy.
Full clean UK driving licence