Mineral and Estates Senior Planner
Location: Drakesland Mine
Salary Range: Competitive
Exciting opportunity to work on the Drakesland Tungsten Mine Project in a beautiful area of Dartmoor will appeal to an experienced Senior Planner looking for a life style change to achieve work-life balance.
The purpose of the role is to deliver superior total shareholder return through the production of tungsten and other specialty metals. The Drakelands Tungsten Project is based in Southwest England, and is a world class tungsten deposit.
The position of the Mineral and Estates Senior Planner is to:
- Review existing and secure future planning permissions and permits to ensure Wolf development objectives are achieved.
- Manage the portfolio of land and property at the Drakelands mine site.
- Develop positive working relationships and communicate effectively with regulators, consultants, solicitors, land-owners, colleagues and the general public.
- Co-ordinate planning/legal commitments
- Audit internal systems to ensure legal governance
- Lead on, and review planning permissions, and extend and/or amend as required for future operational requirements
- Instruct solicitors on mineral and property related matters
- Act as principal point of contact with mineral owners
- Manage and liaise with adjacent land owners and other mining operations in the vicinity of the mine site
- Undertake building inspections, and manage internal and external maintenance of property portfolio
- Key holder for properties and maintain register of keys and alarm codes
- Review and manage the work of consultants and ensure budgetary constraints are met
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Devon County Council, Plymouth City Council, and the Environment Agency
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with peers and be the main point of contact
- Operate and work within the environmental, health and safety framework at all times
- Carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by their line manager
- The Position Description may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in an appropriate discipline (property/minerals estates management/minerals resource planning or similar)
- Membership of either RICS or the RTPI
- Competent user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong negotiating / influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Planning & organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Good team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Desirable: Graduate education, Estate Management qualification, Auditing
Experience & Working Knowledge:
- Mineral planning experience from working in similar environment
- Estate management experience
- Experience of managing professional consultants
- Desirable: Experience of property maintenance, ISO 14001
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please contact Anna Bornstein for more information or to have an informal and confidential chat about this or other opportunities: email@example.com or 1202 888 986 ext. 213