My client, a leading UK-based international development consultancy have an exciting opening for a motivated and inspiring individual to head up our Monitoring & Evaluation practice, working across several sectors: Governance, Environment and Climate Change, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment and Private Sector Development.
Responsible for managing and growing the M&E portfolio. You will bring innovation to existing ways of working in M&E and consolidate existing and new ideas. Your role will include the sharing of learning internally and externally through speaking at events, conferences, and internal workshops.
- Strengthen the internal capacity of staff and innovative thinking in new areas of M&E. Work with existing staff in London and other Global offices to build critical thinking and knowledge of M&E concepts.
- Technical consultancy and project management.
- Assess business opportunities.
- Identification of new opportunities and early intelligence on upcoming opportunities, including networking with partners and meeting new clients and sub-contractors.
- Guide proposal preparation supporting the business development team including planning, writing of methodologies.
- Recruitment and mentoring of new staff in line with growing need.
- Management of M&E team, including performance management and appraisal
The successful candidate must have:
- A postgraduate degree (masters) in a relevant discipline
- Established track record in M&E in international development
- Extensive experience in international development
- Experience working in developing countries
- Business development experience
- Wide range of contacts in international development especially in monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
If interested in this opportunity, please contact Antony Hayes on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 888 986 ext:292