|Job Title:||O&M Site Manager - Onshore Wind|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
The Site Manager will manage daily Operations and Maintenance activities on a number of renewable energy assets while maintaining statutory, safety and quality and environmental standards.
The Site Manager will be main contact for works and other day to day activities on a number of sites. This role is home based covering sites all over the South West of England, in particular Cornwall and Devon.
This role will enhance the quality of works on each project and provide an on the ground interface with contractors, landowners and other concerned parties.
The Site Manager will also feed into the annual budgeting and planning process for each wind farm
- Manage the interface with the Control Centre to ensure all site works are carried out under the Site Rules, the Work Control system and Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
- Carry out safety inductions, manage contractors, provide toolbox talks and manage on site risks.
- Ensure appropriately qualified visitors use the correct working practices and equipment.
- Emergency provisions are in place.
- Prepare, manage to and update asset inspection, maintenance and repair plans
- Call off and supervise O&M and balance of plant maintenance and repair activities with Contracted suppliers.
- Perform the role of site HV network manager (where competencies allow)
- Provide first line response to site significant defects and any emergencies in an expeditious way.
- Monitor the day to day work, issues and risks on the relevant wind farms and advise the Asset Manager of asset risks.
- Carry out wind farm and PV farm asset inspections as required (to include turbines, PV panels, civil and site electrical systems).
- Carry out intermediate HV network inspections
- Development of good working relationships with O&M contractors, landowners and local stakeholders.
- Provide site information of the Control Centre, Asset Manager and other internal teams in to support the management of CMMS, reporting and quality management systems.
- General legislative compliance and housekeeping of control building and site.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation in the renewable energy sector, with first had experience of construction or operations contract implementation
- Effective negotiation skills, with a track record of delivering success.
- Confident presenter
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Planning
- Attention to Detail
- Interpreting detailed commercial documentation and express either verbally or in written form to the project team
- Confident negotiating in a commercial or engineering environment
- Communicating with a large range of audience types, from small informal presentations, to senior management boards
- Engineering or science degree or equivalent experience