|Job Title:||Offshore Substation Platforms Lead Engineer, Offshore Wind|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
ALLEN & YORK is currently working on an exclusive basis for our client Statkraft.
Statkraft is a leading international energy company and Europe's largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, gas-fired power and district heating and is a global player in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3,700 employees in more than 20 countries.
In order to strengthen their Offshore Wind Power business unit, they are currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineer with prior experience in the design and delivery of offshore substation platforms (OSPs) for offshore wind.
Statkraft have an ambition to grow their Offshore Wind business into a major industrial player, capable of developing projects through all phases of the life cycle. They are currently strengthening the organization for the project development, execution and operational phases, more specifically targeting a role in the recently acquired Triton Knoll Offshore Wind Farm project.
You will be organised in the Technology Department which is responsible for technology development and qualification, project support throughout early development, engineering and construction and development of functional and technical requirements for offshore wind.
In this line organisation you will report to the Head of Electrical Systems, who is located in their Head Office in Oslo, Norway. Within the Triton Knoll project organisation, you will be part of the Electrical Systems Infrastructure team and report to the Electrical Package Manager.
As an OSP Lead Engineer, you will be involved in the design, procurement, construction and commissioning activities for wind farm electrical systems, and you will participate in R&D and qualification of new or improved technologies for offshore wind farm applications. The position involves extensive contact with the offshore wind industry and follow-up of activities in Norway and the UK.
Within the line organisation:
- Follow up and contribute in R&D and Technology Qualification programs
- Support Supply Chain activities and follow up suppliers within the offshore wind industry
- Participate in due diligence processes and design reviews
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of governance documentation, technical standards and specifications
Within the project organisation:
- Responsible for all elements of the OSP design for the wind farm project throughout the development, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases
- Responsible for the preparation of necessary technical documentation including proving feasibility of the selected concept
- Participate in the planning, conceptual design optioneering and cost modelling activities
- Interface with other technical disciplines such as consenting, offshore cable installation, marine operations, Prepare for Operation, SCADA and IT systems
- Support the project in establishing lead times and forming of procurement and contracting strategies
- Contribute into establishing and understanding the basis of design
- Participate in and follow up the negotiation of contracts for OSPs and interfacing wind farm electrical systems and components
- Responsible for the preparation of specifications to feed into the forming of ITTs for offshore substations and interfacing wind farm electrical systems and components
- Follow up and contribute in Technology Qualification programs as and when appropriate
- University/Master degree or other relevant degree in engineering
- Experience from managing the design and delivery of OSPs for offshore wind
- Experience from project management, contract management and multidiscipline engineering
- Apart from good academic skills you are pro-active and have the ability to motivate yourself and others
- Competence within one or several of the following fields is also an advantage: QA, HSE, HVAC, auxiliary systems, Low Frequency AC, FACTs, SCADA and IT
- Construction, commissioning and/or operational experience will be considered an advantage
- High Voltage SAP certification (Senior Authorised Person) is also advantageous
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterised by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please contact Tom Wolsey for further +44(0)1202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.