Our client are a leading independent Renewable Energy expert advisory services firm.
Due to ongoing growth, they are actively looking to recruit a Due Diligence Engineer to support the provision of transactional technical due diligence services and Lender's Engineer services throughout the development, construction and operational phases of offshore wind projects.
The role is technical in nature and would suit someone with a technical background looking for a commercial and customer facing role.
While currently the role would be focussed on offshore wind, there will be the opportunity to be involved in marine renewables and both onshore wind and solar.
As an Engineer in this team the individual will be expected to:
- Work on offshore due diligence projects as a team member or project manager (after an initial period of learning) co-ordinating a sub-team of technical experts.
- Undertake and co-ordinate reviews of project documentation including data and risk analysis.
- Consider identified project issues/risks and provide a commercial view of their implications to the project.
- Contract review work including review of clauses, technical specification and the allocation of risk to relevant parties.
- Review revenue assumptions, capital costs and operations costs.
- Liaise with wide range of clients from wind farm developers to financial institutions
- Support the continuous improvement of the business through the development of tools and processes.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management.
The project work is often fast paced with tight timeframes. The candidate must be willing to work with complex tasks under such deadline pressure, and be comfortable in managing workflow to deliver work on time (working with line manager and other team members to allocate work effectively).
- Good level of technical education and experience, typically including an Engineering or Science degree or higher (2:1 minimum or equivalent).
- Experience of the development, construction or operation of offshore wind farms is desirable.
- You may possess other infrastructure due diligence experience.
- Experience is project management and/or risk management desirable.