Our client is a world leader in Offshore Wind Power.
They are currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager for one of their operational Offshore Wind Farms.
The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Site Operations in planning, directing and managing the performance of the company's operations at the site.
They will be supporting the Head of Site Operations in developing the long-term objectives of the business and ensuring business growth through directing operational activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the organisational and HSE strategies.
The Operations Manager is responsible for health, safety, environment & quality, personnel & coordinating of staff.
They will need to maintain an understanding of the company asset management policy and strategy and relevant responsibilities of the job.
- Deputise in the Head of Operations absence
- Maintain and deliver a focus on a positive HSE culture
- Responsible for the Health and Safety Committee on site
- Responsible for Emergency Response Plan
- Responsible for the site's budget
- Contribute to the staffing, development, management of site
- Support the Head of Site Operations in the management of site staff; PDD, evaluation, disciplinary actions, absence, approve hours, vacation and expenses
- Management of suppliers, OEM and other service agreements related to site
- Responsible for instigating 2nd line response team
- Responsible for Site O&M status meetings, O&M meetings with service providers and technical meetings with JV partners
- Responsible for planning and execution of all maintenance on site with support from Operations' back office functions
- Responsible for sharing best-practice across sites
- Maintain site based business plan
- Maintain and contribute to the site risk register
- Engage in stakeholder relationship
- Responsible for high voltage and HV safety systems, contact to grid owner
- Responsible for O&M planning of service vessel, tools and equipment
- Responsible for site purchase, spare parts, tools, stock
- Responsible for post warranty transition and development
- Responsible for OFTO asset management
- Responsible for legislative compliance
- Resource planning according to guidelines
- Planning projects and following up on same (budget, time frame etc)
- Responsible for the site compliance to the standards that the company holds
- Be proactive in maintaining competence level required for the job
- Have a technical education at bachelor level at a minimum or equivalent
- Experience in operational management, ideally within an engineering / utilities business
- Management and Leadership knowledge and experience
- Significant experience in operational management
- Experience of financial control, budget preparation
- Experience of coordinating activities and resources
Skills & Aptitudes
- Stakeholder relationship awareness
- Project and time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Disciplined completer
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- The ability to work collaboratively
- A 'hands-on' management style
Willingness to travel
For more information please contact Tom Wolsey 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.