Allen & York are recruiting an Operations & Maintenance Technician for a leading developer of photovoltaic projects in the Middle East and North Africa.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join company which is expanding rapidly and who is paving the way with ground breaking projects.
- Perform and document annual inspections
- Preventive, and corrective maintenance on solar farms, including PV module arrays, inverters, AC and DC disconnects, and combiner boxes.
- Measure and record voltage, amperage, continuity, irradiance and temperature readings.
- Remove and replace fuses, PV modules, and Amphenol and MC4 type connectors.
- Perform thermographic inspections on PV equipment and electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot performance issues in PV sub-arrays down to string and module level.
- Ensure that proper safety and equipment is on the job and used in the proper manner
- Make sure on site equipment is monitored and maintained.
- Track and maintain records for sites in O&M Portfolio
- Communicate with your Supervisor immediately reporting field problems, technical questions, etc.
- Provide training to new crewman and/or others on site as required.
- Review job performance with Supervisor and Subordinates in regards to safety, and quality
- Use basic hand tools is a competent and skilled fashion
- Read instruction manuals for the basic assembly of components
- Comfort in construction environments
- Comfort working in and around electrical equipment w/high voltages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to work outside regular business hours
- Driving's license
This position requires:
- 3+ years' experience in O&M (preferably PV)
We look forward to receiving your application
For more information please contact Ghadir Shaar on +971 4 446 9828 - 107
ALLEN & YORK is a leading sustainability recruitment consultancy across the Middle East.
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.