|Job Title:||Operation manager - OHL|
|Location:||UK - Wales - North Wales, Gwynedd - Caernarfon|
|Salary:||Dependant on Experience|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Our client are a leading provider of utility contracting services to Distribution Network Operators, the private sector and the public sector across the UK. They are looking to recruit an Operations Manager within the Overhead Lines department. You will be Responsible for the day to day management of activities to ensure delivery of the Business Units Annual and overall Strategic Objectives in line with Company, Client and Customer requirements.
- Responsible for achieving the budgetary targets of the Business Unit
- Full Project budgetary control ensuring the on-going accurate measurement and valuation of all works ensuring accurate timeous invoicing to ensure recovery of all costs incurred including relevant margins
- Responsible for achieving and maximising project financial targets in line with Company targets.
- Effective Resource Planning maximising productivity where able. Client and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring all relevant Company processes and procedures are followed and monitored to ensure effective implementation.
- Project and Sub-Business Cost Control measures are in place and costs savings are achieved where necessary.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly provision of Management Information demonstrating the effective control and performance of projects under your control
- Attend internal and external (Client) contract review / progress meetings on a regular basis and any other contract related meeting as may be required.
- Provide leadership to the management team and staff, create goals and objectives and communicate & review at regular intervals.
- Coach and mentor members of the management team and staff and determine actions required for employee development.
- Contribute to the business requirements for budgeting and forecasting.
- Day-to-day management and support of reporting staff, including the timely input & approval of time sheets & expenses, etc.
- Oversee personnel / employee issues with the support of the Human Resources department.
- In accordance with certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current: Health and Safety policy, Quality Policy, Environmental Policy
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in an engineering related discipline
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of utility distribution and or transmission design, construction and project management.
- Excellent project management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Proven track record in managing People and Client relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability of influencing at all levels
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) ERP System knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to analyse data and recognise trends.