|Job Title:||Operational Controller - Wind Farms|
|Salary:||£29000 per annum + Negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a leading Renewable Energy company.
As Operational Controller, you will be based in their Renewables Operational Control Centre in Glasgow.
You will work as part of a highly motivated 24/7 team responsible for the safe and efficient control of technical and engineering teams working on wind turbines and associated plant throughout the Control Centre's area of responsibility.
You will be a dedicated team player with high standards and attention to detail, motivated to deliver a first class professional Operational Control service.
The Operational Controller will co-ordinate Asset Managers, Site Manager, Contractors and other people attending site to ensure works are controlled and implemented in accordance with the agreed standards of quality and safety.
Responsibilities of the Operational Controller
- Monitor & Control Wind Farms via SCADA Systems
- Manage Day-to-Day Work Control under Wind Turbine Safety Rules
- Interface with National Grid regarding grid outages and curtailments
- Operate Balance Mechanism Procedures as required
- Work to strict Control Centre procedures
- Produce daily, weekly & monthly operational reports
- Work with Asset/Site Managers to ensure safe daily wind farm operations
- Maintain up to date WTSR & Work Control records
- Set up and maintain Lone Working arrangements
- Monitor weather forecast systems and issue alerts as required
- Liaise with IT support to retain full visibility of all wind farms
- Liaise with WTG Maintenance Contractor to maximise availability
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement and Development of Control Centre services and processes
- Handle Emergency calls from wind farm personnel
- Participate in 24/7 shift rota
- HND Qualification in Engineering discipline, Renewables or equivalent experience
- High standards of HSQE awareness
- Awareness of Work Control or Access Control process
- Experience in use of Risk Assessments within Permit based work
- SCADA experience would be a considerable advantage
- CMMS Experience would be a considerable advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to focus attention for long periods and work under pressure in a control room environment
- Technical Operations background
- MS Office skills to intermediate level
- Ability to work to strict operational procedures
- Ability to produce reports from complex data sets
We look forward to receiving your application.