We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced Health and Safety professional to join their HSEQ department as an Operational Safety Advisor. You will join one of the most reputable and steadily expanding construction companies specialising in new build projects within the UK.
- Schedule and conduct site/ formal depot inspections and audits.
- To ensure that incident investigations and actions identify root causation, critical factors and corrective action.
- Participate in the delivery of the annual safety training programme.
- Support and promote the implementation of the annual Safety Action Plan.
- Provide onsite/ depot coaching and briefing in the correct application of the SMS, EMS and QMS.
- Participate in other SHEQ departmental functions as required by line management.
- Contribute to the development of the SMS, EMS and QMS and identify system improvements.
- Contribute to site/ depot safety by ensuring that effective risk management is fully in place.
- Ensure that safety considerations are properly taken into account throughout the procurement process and the selection, briefing and induction of our supply chain.
- Attend Industrial/ Strategic contractors health and safety meetings
- Assist and support with Industrial/ Strategic quarterly audits.
- Compile SHEQ safety documentation as required by Line management requested Clients.
The Successful candidate will have
- Prior experience working within construction - preferably new builds
- Experience of developing and the consequent delivery of HSE training programmes (CITB)
- NEBOSH certificate (as a minimum) and preferably a NEBOSH construction certificate
- On site experience
- A valid CSCS card
For more information please contact Annabelle Foskett at Allen & York