Operations and Maintenance Manager - Energy Generation & Efficiency
One of our UK utilities require a O&M manager for their international distributed energy & power division. With over 1000 customers across 4000 sites they expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020.
- You will be tasked to lead, motivate and engage a team of estimators and engineers to safely deliver industry leading O&M services for generation and energy efficiency projects on customer sites.
- You must ensure delivery of performance measures in line with internal targets, develop relationships with stakeholders and exceed their expectations whilst creating the culture and processes to protect margin and deliver projects on time.
- Establish & build a successful O&M business: Grow the O&M Operations team (up to 10 direct reports) to support the fast-growing asset management business.
- Ensure there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments. In addition, develop training programmes and career development pathways for direct reports
- Planning: Create maintenance plans to meet customer requirements, working with the commercial and PMO teams as required
- Field force management: Manage and dispatch civil, mechanical and electrical field operators to respond to any unscheduled events on customer sites.
- Respond to and resolve issues/failures on customer's sites; implement changes/countermeasures to prevent repeat
- Manage civil, mechanical and electrical maintenance work in a safe, cost effective and high quality way with the necessary capabilities and governance
- Service level agreements: Ensure we are always compliant with our service level agreements (SLAs) and provide internal management information on our SLA compliance including monitoring any exposure to Performance Liquidated Damages.
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate
- Monitoring, verification and analytics: Support in the development of increased analytics and monitoring capabilities in the broader O&M team to meet customer requirements. Similarly, champion the use of a framework to identify opportunities to improve customer’s asset performance and carry out the works
- Business Support: Provide relevant information to the commercial teams to assist with the generation of competitive bids for new work; provide all information to finance team to allow accurate billing of customers
- Business Systems: Support the implementation of the new project management, service and financial operating system within the business
- Health & Safety: Responsible for ensuring all operations undertaken by the O&M team comply with all relevant health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements
- Responsible for creating a proactive culture of continuous improvement around health and safety integrating high performance in design & engineering
- Values & team management: Strive for excellence in customer service throughout the project life-cycle and build a customer approach in your team’s behaviours
- Leverage expertise within the business through fostering an information sharing culture which openly and proactively shares best practice
- Develop an inclusive and engaged team environment where people feel supported and their culture and personal circumstances are considered.
- Recruit, when required, people into your team with the capabilities and behaviours required to perform the job and to deliver the customer service and health and safety standards of our business. Encourage diversity throughout the recruitment process
- Adhere to the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures to ensure each team member attains and maintains the required competency level to perform their role
- Develop training programmes and career development pathways for team members
- Applicants must have a strong knowledge of performance monitoring and measurement, verification, estimation and analysis of operational energy assets along with an in-depth understanding of the renewable energy, CHP and gas reciprocating engine operations.
- Understanding of various measures of performance metrics including performance ratio, availability and efficiency metrics
- Understanding/experience of high volume data management and analysis
- Proven leader of a team of field engineers
- Proven ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships across multiple business interfaces
- Customer / client relationship management experience
- Confidence and credibility with highly developed communications to drive behavioural and performance improvement
- Budget management and the development/analysis of management information
- Degree level qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer
- Senior Operations & Maintenance Manager in renewable energy or CHP business
- Reputation for excellence leading operational delivery across multiple projects in a market leading business
- Knowledge of technical and operational aspects of CHP, solar and other energy generation and efficiency assets on commercial installations
- Health and Safety exemplar, who prioritises the safety of themselves and others, and understands the leadership behaviours required to influence others in this area
- In depth understanding of all legislation, regulations, working practices and other codes of practice relevant to the role
- Deep understanding of the needs of customers and how technology solutions can be designed and adapted to meet them