Job Title:Operations Controller
Reports To:Control Centre Manager
Unit: Generation, Western Europe
Job Purpose/Summary Details
Our client is leading and internationally renowned renewable energy company. As Operational Controller, you will be based in their operational control centre. You will work as part of a highly motivated 24/7 team responsible for the monitoring of the company’s owned and managed renewable energy assets, as well as safe and efficient control and coordination of work carried out by technical and engineering teams.
You will contribute to the maintenance and development of Control Centre systems and processes required to fulfil your operational control duties. You will be a dedicated team player with high standards and attention to detail, motivated to deliver a first-class Operational Control service.
Organisational Context (to include impact and influence)
The Operational Controller will monitor renewable energy assets and escalate technical issues to ensure a rapid response and maintain asset availability levels. You will co-ordinate Asset Managers, Site Manager, Contractors and other people attending site to ensure works are controlled and implemented in accordance with the agreed standards of quality and safety.
The Operations Controller will:
• Monitor & Control assets via SCADA Systems.
• Manage Day-to-Day Work Control Utilising Safe Systems of Work.
• Manage site access, Lone working, Emergency response and Incident Reporting Processes.
• Interface with DNO regarding grid outages and curtailments.
• Produce and maintain Control Centre procedures.
• Administer system data.
• Produce production and performance reports.
- High standards of HSQE management and awareness.
- Awareness of Work Control or access control process would be a considerable advantage
- Experience of Control Centre systems would be a considerable advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to focus attention for long periods and work under pressure in a control room environment.
- MS Office skills to intermediate level
- Ability to write and work to strict
- operational procedures.
- Experience in use of Risk Assessments within Permit based work would be a considerable advantage
- SCADA experience would be a considerable advantage.
- CMMS Experience would be a considerable advantage.
- Experience working within industrial, production or inbound call handling facilities.
- H&S qualification would be a considerable advantage.
Internal: Senior OC’s, Asset Managers, Site Managers, HSQE Manager
External: Contractors, Consultants, emergency services.