Reports to: Electrical Engineer
Hours of Work: The Operations Field Support Technician will be required to work such hours as are reasonably necessary for the proper performance of the duties and responsibilities. Nominally, 40 hours/week.
Our client is an international provider of safe, clean, low greenhouse gas emissions energy and remote energy solutions. They currently manage an international portfolio of over 700 MW of power generation facilities in Australia, the United States and Europe, utilising a range of fuel sources operating in four main areas: landfill gas, waste coal mine gas, remote energy, natural gas (NG, CNG & LNG) and diesel.
Purpose of Role
- Reporting to the Electrical Engineer the Operations Field Support Technician the right person for that role will become part of a small team of highly multi-skilled Technicians responsible for supporting the Operations team in complex fault diagnosis on Reciprocating Engines, Generators, Electrical distribution systems, Gas plant and ancillary equipment used in the 24/7 operation of a landfill power stations.
- The Technician will work on a call out roster basis to support the operations team technically to reduce generator downtime and ensure maximum production is maintained across all the company Power Stations in a safe working environment.
- The Technician will also provide planned maintenance, operations and commissioning of all Electrical, Control and Instrumentation systems utilised in the operation of a landfill gas power station.
- The role includes technical fault finding, operations, commissioning and carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance.
- To comply with asset management and operational standards focused around group strategies for GEAMS in electrical safety - liaising with Electrical Engineering Manager based in Australia regularly to be;
- Responsible for the review of current systems performance to ensure they operate efficiently, effectively and safely, and are maintained through a strategy document and records procedure.
- Responsible for the review and upkeep of Data Management Systems including Maintenance Management, Management of Change, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Fault Finding etc.
- UK SAP for 11kv and below systems.
- To review and report on electrical systems and recommend improvement measures
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and make recommendations for execution
- Take the lead on the development and implementation of projects and electrical systems to budget and on time
- Actively ensure compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental rules and regulations
- Assisting in LV and HV electrical system strategies
- To take the lead on site trips and apply electrical safety to re-energise sites
- Manage external stake holders in particular sub-contractors
- Technical support for operations.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Senior Management Team, Head Office, Contractors and Regulatory bodies
- Manage a small team of process technicians/electricians
- Must have a minimum of 2 years HV experience of switching 11KV and 33kv systems
- Has a minimum of 5 years' experience of implementing and maintaining, HV / LV electrical systems, potentially as an electrical engineer
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings
- Take ownership and leadership of engineering requests and requirements
- Is committed to assisting in the resolution of engine outages as and when the business requires
- Demonstrates working knowledge of planned maintenance management systems
- A proven record of commitment to safety. i.e. Managing safe systems of work, championing site safety rules and issuing permits
- A proven ability to work in a climate of continuous improvement in a multi skilled environment, onsite and in the office
- Have strong change management skills to drive business improvement
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude to getting the job done
- Have excellent communication, leadership and planning skills
- An individual who is self-motivated, results driven and demonstrates attention to detail
- Computer literate, in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS project and Access data bases
- Clean Driving License
- It would be desirable to have a recognised qualification in an appropriate engineering subject such as MEng / BEng