Operations Manager - Production (Assembly)
Our client is a leading global engineering and technology services company.
Their Wind Power business has announced its plans to invest £160 million in a new rotor blade manufacturing facility, project construction, assembly and service facility in Yorkshire. In less than two years, our 1,000 strong manufacturing and assembly facility in Hull will be operational.
They now begun recruiting some roles for their state of the art facility, where you will be offered a dynamic career, working with the latest technology in the renewable energy industry.
The Operations Manager - Production (Assembly) will be responsible for customer and quality requirements whilst driving business performance metrics to achieve or exceed the financial and strategic goals by motivating and developing their people to create a continuous improvement, team oriented culture.
The role will ensure effective implementation of defined production standards, and oversee and manage all production operations, within the blade facility. They will also be responsible for embedding EHS (environmental health and safety) initiatives in the business ensuring the organisation's EHS policy, standards and procedures are fully implemented and comply with legislation.
- Implementation of defined global and UK policies, specifications, methods and guidelines
- Evaluates performance of the production and management teams & implementation of continuous improvements
- Ensure optimum equipment, product and resource utilisation
- Ensure working instructions, instructions and guidelines for all productions sections, shifts or production lines are assigned and adhered to
- Recruitment of new members and ensuring recruitment processes are followed
- Contribute to and implement productions plans, allocating people and production resources
- Leadership and development of Operational Managers
- Evaluate and contribute to implementation of maintenance programs
- Participate in maintaining adequate spare part inventories
- Contribute to planning and supervision of contractor work orders
- Support and maintains an efficient receiving system, including incoming inspection systems
- To be a role model
- Embedding EHS standards and ensuring adherence at all times
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives via collaboration with the process improvement department
- Motivation and engagement ensuring the work environment is positive
- Ensuring excellence in our people is recognised and celebrated
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding people, safety, quality, delivery and cost KPIs
- Delivery of Master Schedule, budgets and performance management plans
- Degree qualified (desirable)
- Significant experience of working in a senior people management role, ideally within a large scale manufacturing / engineering / automotive environment
- Must have working knowledge of a unionised environment with responsibility for managing both professional and operational workers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical assembly, production control and related manufacturing functions.
- Structured operational hands on approach
- Strong leadership and management capabilities
- Experience working within UK EHS regulations
- Ideally a practiced green/black belt Six Sigma
- Must have at least 2 years of delivery of continuous improvement with evidence of applying Lean and or DMAIC methodologies.
- Must be familiar with problem solving methodology G8D.
- Resource and production planning experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills