|Job Title:||Operations/Manufacturing Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lloyd Murphy|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
Allen & York are delighted to have been engaged by our Internationally recognised specialist Manufacturer to recruit for an experienced Manufacturing Manager for their site near Oxford.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Operations / Manufacturing Manager to lead the Manufacturing Operations team comprising departmental managers, cell leaders and technicians to reliably deliver products of the highest quality, at the right cost, and on time to ensure all our customer requirements are realised. This is a medium volume, high value manufacturing environment operating award winning world class processes.
This is a senior position within the successful manufacturing team reporting directly to the Head of Manufacturing. Strong leadership, people development skills and a passion for continuous improvement are a few of the key attributes required for this role.
If you have excellent communication skills, a track record of excellent Leadership, and can effectively manage a wide range of complex people, operational and technical issues then we would love to hear from you.
- Provide clear direction and act as Inspirational Leader and coach to the manufacturing unit.
- Ownership of the manufacturing operational processes working in full collaboration with the other members of the senior manufacturing team to achieve business targets.
- Motivate and continuously develop the Operations team comprising departmental Managers, Cell Leaders and manufacturing Technicians.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities are resourced and managed appropriately including the introduction of new products and processes.
- Ownership, definition and control of the Operational budgets and costs.
- Jointly responsible for achieving business and departmental objectives. e.g., quality, productivity, output.
- Leading and maintaining our zero harm culture.
- Ensure continuous improvement is 'business as usual' throughout Manufacturing.
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Demonstrable manufacturing or Engineering leadership & management experience of multi-level teams.
- Proven track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex issues, and ability to develop cross functional relationships.
- Ideally qualified in management & leadership.
- Experience in a Technical Engineering environment would be a distinct advantage.