Operations Technician - EfW renewables
Our client is an international clean energy operator 900MW of power generation in two core business areas - Remote Energy and Clean Energy
Health, Safety, and Environmental
- Actively pursue the culture of zero harm
- Participate and comply with all statutory / corporate health safety and environmental incentives.
- Report hazards, accidents and incidents promptly in line with corporate policies and procedures.
- Carry out Hazard inspections, safety audits, and other inspections when required
- Take immediate corrective action to prevent injury or prevent recurrence of at-risk behaviour to staff or contract personnel.
- Handle all hazardous and waste materials, oils etc. in line with company procedures, COSHH legislation and relevant environmental legislation
Maintenance & operations
- Take a leading role in mechanical / electrical systems maintenance which includes reciprocating engines, gas plant, ancillaries, LV and HV apparatus. including fault finding, and commissioning, to improve power station performance and revenue
- 24 / 7 Operation of the power station generating units and ancillary equipment per standard procedures, and to support generation of maximum revenue through improving efficiency and performance
- Carry out planned & corrective maintenance on all mechanical / electrical equipment to improve reliability /productivity and minimise downtime of generating units
- Follow maintenance & operational procedures
- Develop solutions to operational and engineering problems, and implement solutions and /or modifications, ensuring company management of change processes are followed.
- Identify and recommend spare parts holdings for critical mechanical or electrical assets
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of all maintenance work carried out, and all operational issues impacting engine downtime and load
- Responsible for management of appropriate maintenance contracts and projects
- Supervise contractors
- Participate in shift roster systems as required and change working patterns where necessary to meet the needs of the business
- Support the technical and operational needs of other sites as required
- Support the delivery of the site generation plan
- Utilise the maintenance management system to raise purchase orders as required
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and make recommendations for implementation of same
- Monitor and control costs
- Take appropriate care of company property such as plant, vehicles and tools
- Experience with rebuilds, overhauls and maintenance on Duetz, Caterpillar and jenbacher gas engines.
- A significant knowledge of, Mechanical Plant Maintenance, HV / LV Electrical distribution systems and Operations gained in a heavy engineering industry such as Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Petrochemical, Marine Engineering (Royal Navy) or Chemical Production, preferably with a strong electrical background
- A time severed apprentice with a recognised qualification in an appropriate engineering subject such as a NVQ Level 3 / HNC / HND is preferred but qualifications, skills and suitable experience below this will be considered.
- A proven record of commitment to safety.
- A proven ability to operate in a climate of continuous improvement and work in a highly focused team
- Ability to participate in a multi skilled environment
- An understanding of computer based maintenance management systems. Such as Maximo, SAP, JDE
- Experience with operational systems, such as Bailey / SCADA processes.
- Experience and relevant competence in HV switching, instructions and supervision
- In depth understanding of process control systems, PLC's etc.
- Flexible attitude to varying requirements to suit the business needs.
- The ability to communicate with management, team members, external parties in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to learn all areas of Company's LFG sites - i.e. gas fields, gas plant, power plant and administrative responsibilities.
- Able to work as part of a team or as an individual.
- Willingness to complete both technical and non-technical aspects on a day to day basis.
- Team orientated approach along with an ability to work autonomously.
- Computer literate, able to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access data bases.
- A valid UK Car Driving License