Pipeline Inspection Specialists - Water
Working as part of a small but dynamic team your role will be to assist in carrying out pipeline inspection surveys using a range of cutting edge technologies and techniques. Responsibilities will include the assembling of mechanical equipment in manholes and underground chambers, deploying inspection technologies into live mains and using a tracking system, above ground along the line of the pipe. As the inspection work, may be carried out anywhere in the UK with some occasional European travel, you'll be prepared to stay away from home during the working week when necessary.
You will have the ability to drive a long wheelbase van (3.5 tonne), keep accurate electronic records and be able to communicate effectively at all levels. Being physically fit is a must for this role. Experience of using and making minor repairs to electronic and mechanical devices in the field would be considered a distinct advantage, as would experience in working with live water mains, and/or a similar role.
- Mechanical or electrical experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Windows
- Experience of working with pressurised pipework systems considered a distinct advantage
- Possess good problem solving skills
- Ability to integrate well into a team, whilst having initiative to work alone
- Positive attitude and professional mentality and appearance
- Good level of fitness to cope with a physically demanding job
- Happy to work away from home for periods of time
- May be required to cover night work/weekend work from time to time
You will be paid for a 47.5 hour week inclusive of your travel time to site for a five day week. There is scope to earn overtime plus a performance related bonus. You may also be required to work nights and the occasional weekend.