Planner - Manchester - Aviation
Salary - £55,000 - 60,000
Currently seeking a Planner for a global design and consultancy firm who specialise in the natural and built asset environment. The Planner will be required to support various teams in the Manchester Aviation sector working on the design and consultancy projects. You will be working on some complex and stimulating projects and be offered the chance to grow your career. If you possess the necessary skills coupled with a fierce determination to succeed with a supportive organisation and wish to maximise an amazing opportunity, please read on.
Overview of Role:
This role is responsible for managing and maintaining the planning / scheduling consistency in schedule definition and development, to deliver a programme, workstream and project view of an integrated strategic schedule approach to support the requirements of the Programme. Delivering credible forecasts and where necessary offering alternative scenarios.
- Generation of the detailed Primavera programme / project plan, obtain and verify fortnightly / monthly update/progress data from contractors, the design team and project managers, prepare periodic project plan updates to the project manager.
- Work with the Master Schedule Guardian to develop the process and framework to define, maintain, report and control programmes / Work Streams and Work Package schedules at all levels of the Programme, identify interfaces, promote and monitor milestone definition sheets, establish baselines, code and resource schedules
- Work with the Master Schedule Guardian to develop and maintain the Integrated Programme and manage the coordination of Contractor / Supplier programme assuring the alignment and integration of the said schedules
- To take a proactive leadership role during schedule development, leading interactive planning sessions to fully integrate with the project/engineering teams to provide best fit solutions to determine a logical approach to planning schedule backed up by engineering judgment
- Work with the PMO to maintain co-ordination of programmes and integration between design teams and Contractors.
- Work with the PMO team to produce formal monthly progress reports to the project manager as required
- Work with the Cost & Commercial team to prepare monthly Earned
- Value reports to feed the reporting and dashboard requirements, including resource balancing structures
- Maintain up to date Heat Maps / Dependencies Register for the relevant workstream
- Provide the planning / scheduling interface for the workstream
- Work with Risk Manager and workstream to identify and drive down risk to agreed plans, ensuring that potential conflicts are understood and make sound proposals to mitigate each risk in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Background in and detailed knowledge of the development of Management Systems
- Experience in large scale construction projects required
- Good personal communications; verbal and written form including an ability to summarise key issues
- IT literate with good knowledge of use of Excel, Word PowerPoint
- Analytical skills to be able to understand activities being undertaken and match to stated processes
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of best practice and ability to interrogate to assess compliance
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm and wish to work in partnership with clients who consistently deliver exceptional outcomes through sustainable solutions, whilst taking the opportunity to grow your career and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.