Planner or Senior Planner
£28,000 - £32,000
A motivated and passionate Planner is sought to join a successful and leading planning law firm in Stratford upon Avon.
You would be joining a dynamic and experienced team of specialist planning professionals with varied backgrounds and areas of expertise. As a Planner, you will be tasked with assisting senior colleagues on major schemes and will be responsible for managing your own casework of smaller and medium-scale projects and stages of more complex ones.
Through gaining valuable planning experience within private practice and assisting colleagues on a wide range of projects, you will develop an excellent understanding of the planning process and will progress to take on further responsibilities and manage more complex proposals.
You will have involvement in an exciting range of projects including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, large energy infrastructure developments, and complex residential and mixed-use schemes.
This opportunity offers excellent career development opportunities for further progression in your area of expertise, close professional guidance and support and a great working environment. This role would be suitable for an Assistant Planner looking to make the next step in their career by joining a leading firm at Planner level.
- Provide advice to a range of clients on a range of planning matters including planning policy, the feasibility and potential of development proposals and consents
- The preparation and submission of planning applications and statements
- Undertaking research and preparing reports and evidence to support applications and appeals, extending to presenting this evidence individually and as part of a team
- Liaising and negotiating with Local Planning Authorities, stakeholders and external professionals to achieve agreeable outcomes
- Build on and maintain client relationships
- Support the legal team with their casework as required
- Holder of a RTPI-accredited degree in a Town Planning related subject or an equivalent standard of qualification in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience.
- A good knowledge of recent planning legislation, policy and the planning process.
- Good standards of written and spoken communication, with a focus on negotiation and presenting arguments clearly and thoughtfully.
- MRTPI or actively working towards full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Experience in the preparation and submission of planning applications, appeals, reports and statements.
- The capability to work independently and manage your own casework, as well as contributing and working as part of a wider team.
- Commercial mindedness and a keen interest in working within the private sector
A highly competitive salary is on offer for this position, which will be commensurate with the successful applicant's background, experience and potential
Think you have what it takes?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr; Planning & Built environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!