Planner Senior Planner
£26,000 - £35,000 per annum (+ benefits)
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated Planner to join a growing practice based in Bournemouth. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Planning or a related discipline and either have, or be close to (beginning APC Route) joining membership of the RTPI.
As a Planner with this company, you will manage your own caseload of works as well as assisting senior staff on larger projects. The ability to build and maintain client relationships will be essential, and in return you will have the opportunity to be client facing and develop your own portfolio of work, developing strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Representing and providing professional planning advice to clients through all stages in the planning application process. This includes initial desktops/feasibility appraisals undertaking pre-application consultation with Local Planning Authorities, the preparation and submission of applications for planning permission and representing the client in negotiations with LPAs as may be required. Also providing clients with post decision advice and support.
- Appearing on behalf of clients at Planning Committee meetings and public consultation events.
- Representing clients at all stages of the planning appeals process including the lodging of the appeal, preparation and submission of statements of case (and related documents) and appearing at site visits, hearings or public inquiries as required.
- Providing preliminary planning advice to potential new clients and the preparation of fee quotes aimed at generating new business for the company.
- To carry out all the above duties in a timely manner and ensure all written work is proof read prior to issue
- Degree and/or post graduate degree in Planning with 2-3 years post degree experience
- Working towards (APC Route) or membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
- Knowledge of the Planning System and latest National Planning Policy Framework
- Previous experience of planning applications and appeals by way of written representation, hearings and inquiries
- Experience of working in private sector
Interested? Get in touch!
Tel 01202 888986