|Job Title:||Planning Associate|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Our clients planning team pride themselves on our exemplary track record of providing first-class planning and environmental input on a wide variety of building projects throughout the UK. Their clients include private developers, house builders, housing associations, local authorities and education providers. They offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence. They have been accredited as an RTPI Learning partner for a number of years.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, tenacious and client focused Planner to join the Birmingham Office, to play the leading role in the strategic development of Town Planning activities in the region. You will manage the successful delivery of innovative planning solutions to some of the most prestigious and technically challenging built environment design projects in the region and across the UK. You will also have the opportunity to develop a team around them and help the Director of Planning to grow this important specialism within the overall practice.
Working across a variety of sectors including education, residential, commercial, healthcare and retail, you will prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts, developing original and creative solutions that surpass client requirements. Working closely with colleagues of various engineering disciplines to manage the delivery of technically-excellent, profitable projects, you will take the lead on planning, regeneration and master planning commissions while also developing new and nurturing existing outstanding client relationships that maximise customer satisfaction and repeat business.
Using your wealth of expertise, and your proven ability to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers you will in time grow and develop a team of highly skilled Planners to support and sustain the growing workload and reputation in the Town Planning sphere.
- Strong grasp of statutory planning policy, procedures and requirements.
- Must be qualified to MRTPI, MRICS or equivalent level.
- You will have developed a significant portfolio of relevant technical and leadership experience within a consultancy or public sector environment.
- Commercially aware leader in town planning
- Ability to manage multiple large scale projects and teams to deliver to, and exceed client expectations.
- Possess a passion for creative and innovative design.
- Given the collaborative and client focussed nature of this role, excellent communication and project management skills are essential.