|Job Title:||Planning Consultant|
|Salary:||£18000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Faye Stevens|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is one of the leading global multidisciplinary consultancies, with a Planning team that's rated in the UKs top 5. Due to persistent success, the business continues to grow and as such is currently looking to add to their team in London a Planner or Assistant Planner.
As a Planning Consultant with our client, you will be assisting with the preparation of site appraisals including planning history searches, policy analysis, interpretation and consideration of material considerations and assessing planning potential and formulating planning strategies.
You will also be responsible for the preparation of planning applications, notices, CIL forms, and applications to discharge planning conditions. You will assist with the preparation of planning statements to support a range of developments, mainly residential.
You will liaise with officers at Local Planning Authorities in both development management and policy. You will also and respond to ad hoc queries from clients and other team members.
You will gain valuable commercial experience through supporting the preparation of tenders and fee proposals.
Requirements of the Planning Consultant:
- Commercially focussed.
- Excellent knowledge of planning system, especially in London.
- Excellent knowledge of development management procedures and policy, including the London Plan.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and must be able to communicate with both colleagues and clients - on the phone and at meetings.
- Must be able to take the initiative and respond to queries without being asked.
- Must have excellent report writing skills with good attention to detail.
- Organisation skills and diligent at keeping paper and electronic filing systems up to date.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Must have the flexibility to switch tasks in response to changing priorities.
- Good analytic and problem solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role please get in touch straight away with Sarah Kerr: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 888 986