|Job Title:||Planning Manager- Solar / Biomass & LED|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + 25 days holiday + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
A specialist Energy Services Company (ESCO) who offer the agricultural market renewable energy, insulation and lighting solutions require a Planning manager.
They primarily generate income from long-term heat and electricity off-take and leasing agreements.
The Company has just completed a major investment from a strategic partner RWE Supply and Trading, which together with specialist debt funding facilities it has negotiated, will enable it to develop, construct and own c. £100 million of project assets over the next 12 months.
The current core team numbers around 15 with plans to grow to c. 30 staff by the end of 2015.
Over the next five years, the Company plans to deploy c. £450 million of projects in the UK and Europe.
This will be a hands on job that involves compiling and submitting planning applications for renewables projects and energy efficient buildings in the agricultural sector.
- You will have a working knowledge of local planning policies and procedures backed up with minimum 4-5 years previous experience in either the private or public sectors.
- You will also be required to visit sites and to provide a preliminary assessment of the likelihood of planning approval prior to the rest of the organisation expending additional time and effort.
- You will undertake as much of the application as possible so a broad knowledge base and skillset is essential.
- You will also be required to manage third party planners and consultants as the number of projects increases.
- Planning experience within renewable energy generation or building services projects
- Preferably a good understanding of the agricultural sector with particular reference to the poultry sector
- Preferably a good understanding of the energy and energy efficiency sector, with particular emphasis on renewable heat, especially Solar, biomass, LED lighting, efficient building design and rainwater harvesting
- Preferably RTPI qualified
- Proven team player
- Strong IT literacy
- Good knowledge of council planning districts
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Please contact Sally Woods for further information and submit your CV