|Job Title:||Planning Officer|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
The Planner will be required to complete a range of planning applications including Minor and possibly Major applications as part of a team delivering full end to end or capacity based services for Local Planning Authorities.
Position requires motivated Planner with experience of evaluating the full range of minor and other applications. The position entails the completion of a planning workload to meet the required deadlines, therefore the right individual must be able to demonstrate strong time management skills and an ability to work under pressure.
The role requires liaising with both external and internal parties, negotiating with applicants and agents and communicating effectively with other members of the team. Therefore, role requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
The applicant must have a Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within a planning discipline and 1-2 years post qualification experience.
Full driver’s license required.
- Completion of delegated and committee planning application reports in accordance with the company’s agreed Key Performance Indicators, including Residential Extensions, Lawful Development Certificates, Prior Notifications, Advertisement Consents and Changes of Use
- Effective commutation and negotiation with applicants and agents with regards to planning applications, planning queries and post-refusal advice.
- Working as a Duty Planning Officer for up to half a day each week, providing face to face planning advice on a range of applications.
- Using the Councils back office system to update applications, compile reports and record details of site visits and the evaluation process
- Updating customer enquiry database in accordance with key performance indicators.
- Attending monthly team meetings and weekly one to one case conferences
- Day to day liaison with team members, clients and interested parties
- To follow instructions as stated by Planning Services Manager
- To meet all daily, weekly and monthly KPI targets
- Ensuring a right first time approach by maintaining high productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- To undertake any other tasks and duties within the scope and grade of the post.
To discuss this role, please contact Josh Marshall on 01202 888 986. We look forward to hearing from you!