Planning Officer to Senior Planner - London
£25 - £38 per hour
Outstanding opportunity for a Planning Officer or Senior Town Planner to work on a range of complex regeneration schemes in London on behalf of a highly successful Local Council.
We are looking for a Planner who can hit the ground running, dealing with planning applications and associated planning matters to enhance the area, and provide expert technical advice to all users of the Planning Service.
This is an opportunity to contribute to the local planning community, involved extensively with regeneration and conservation projects, providing sustainable solutions to local environmental and economic problems.
This opportunity is offered on an initial 3 month contract with the view to it being extended.
- Deliver a range of statutory services within a framework of legislation, statutory instruments, official guidance, work based policies and procedures and good professional practice.
- Processing planning and other applications efficiently and in accordance with current legislation and the Council's policy framework, seeking relevant planning advantages and writing reports for delegated and/or Committee decision.
- To assist in the processing of planning appeals, including preparing written statements and attending Inspector's site visits, ensuring that the statutory timetable is met at all times.
- To contribute to the successful execution of enforcement action by identifying breaches of planning law, proposing appropriate solutions and working with the Enforcement officers and planners.
- Advising more junior professional and technical members within the team when required.
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or RICS (Planning & Development)
- An in-depth and current knowledge of the practices and procedures relating to development control
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of current planning policy and issues facing an urban planning authority
- Broad knowledge of planning issues facing an urban authority and the planning powers that the authority has to control new development.
- Substantial recent experience in planning with significant experience in development control
- Significant recent experience in either development control/planning enforcement or in local projects
- A successful track record of managing a varied development control caseload
- Experience of making recommendations on planning proposals and handling appeals including hearings and/or public inquiries.
Interested? Get in touch!