Our client is one of the UK’s foremost multi-disciplinary business support companies. Formed in 1972 as a specialist in land and property management, they have evolved to provide additional business process management services enabling customers to use land and property more effectively creating a better fit for purpose estate, and, be more efficient in their business processes. Key markets include, Central & Local Government, Transport and Property Development with key services being Business Process Management, Applications Processing, Property Development Services, end to end Planning Services and Land Acquisition/Disposal Services.
We are looking for a Planning Service Manager who will play a pivotal role in the management of the delivery of Development Management Services.
- At least 5 years’ experience working within the Development Management (planning) section of a Local Government Planning Service.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a manager / team leader within a Planning Service of a Local Government organisation.
- Other experience gained within a Local Government environment.
- Professional experience within Town & Country Planning.
- Industry knowledge (Local Government / public sector – Town & Country Planning)
- Contemporary knowledge of performance indicators, e-government standards, Town & Country Planning legislation, regulations and policy.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering service improvement with experience and knowledge of business process improvement.
- Familiarity with the principles of computerised business applications and Electronic Document Management Systems designed to support Town & Country planning services
- University degree or higher education qualification in a business, management or technical discipline
- Relevant professional qualification
- Project management qualification
- Professional Membership of RTPI
- Ability to accomplish operational targets to ensure the business delivers on its promises to parent company, shareholders, customers and employees.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to motivate and lead teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness