|Job Title:||PLC Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
PLC Software Engineer - Water
- The PLC Software Engineer will report to the Lead Software Engineer, and will form a key member of the business' Projects department, consisting of approximately 10 engineers.
- The position will be based at Alfreton, although the position will require some site work (mainly commissioning within the UK).
- The position will entail developing Functional Design Specifications and PLC & HMI software for new projects, along with the associated support activities such as testing, documentation, Project Reviews, etc.
- PLC programming experience in Siemens TIA Portal, Step 7, and Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000
- Understanding of the application and configuration of inverter drives (especially Siemens)
- Ability to review Technical Documents, such as P&ID's, electrical schematics, Process Descriptions, Design Specs, and produce a Functional Design Specification for a PLC control system
- Production of project documents, such as FDS, test schedules, O&M Manuals, Commissioning Documents
- Hands on commissioning skills within the processing industry
- Ideally the successful candidate would have a proven track record of software development within the processing industry or a systems integrator
- Consideration would also be given to less experienced candidates who can demonstrate their capability and willingness to learn new skills
- Qualifications are not of primary importance for this role, although less experienced candidates would need to demonstrate that they have an acceptable knowledge of the engineering skills suitable for this position.