Our client was established early in the solar boom and is an investment adviser to companies and funds investing in solar energy infrastructure.
They have a proven record in the selection, acquisition and supervision of large scale energy and infrastructure assets in the UK and Europe.
The team has been involved in over £1.6 billion of PV funds and/or transactions in both the UK and Europe.
Their sister company, provides comprehensive operational asset management services for the solar PV plants, including operations, generation monitoring and contract management.
- Primary responsibility for maintenance of complex fund model; cashflow and budget forecasting, covenant testing
- Primary responsibility for design and routine maintenance of various Portfolio Reporting formats for release on a routine basis - monthly, quarterly, annually across both internal and external audiences (including lenders, fund board and partners)
- Primary responsibility for design and maintenance of comprehensive Portfolio Database
- Primary responsibility for non-financial covenants for lenders
- Preparing first draft of annual budgets for SPVs and ensuring asset performance is benchmarked against these
- Responsible for preparing quarterly/bi annual/annual compliance certificates and supporting information (incl. cashflow forecasts) for review by Finance Team
- Responsible for managing interest and principal repayments due (incl. verifying amounts, releasing payments and ensuring any reserve accounts correctly funded)
- Supporting Portfolio Director / Investor Relations with ad-hoc performance analysis queries for board/accounting reporting requirements
- Responsibility for adding qualitative text to reports based on underlying asset management issues (plant performance, contractual matters etc)
- Ad hoc support to Portfolio Director, BSL Finance Director and Asset Directors as dictated
- Analyst Level 2+ / 2-3+ years' experience required
- Preferred background in fund or portfolio reporting in investment fund, investment bank, institutional lender or family office (preferably energy / commodities based)
- Extremely organised, detail-focussed and producing product of the highest quality
- Ability to work with little guidance, to interpret instructions and take responsibility for own product and role
- Excellent communication: ability to communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Punctual: meeting tight deadlines often in a pressured environment
- Confident and outgoing with strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects
- Strong interest in renewable energy
- Degree qualified. Relevant subject preferred
- IMC or similar financial training beneficial
- Advanced Excel user with extensive experience maintaining and updating complex fund models, cashflow and budget forecasting, covenant testing
- Ability to produce high-quality metrics, graphs and visuals from complex models to produce clear, commercially-focussed reports relating to asset performance / KPIs etc
- Producing routine reports of the highest quality for both internal and external audiences
- Experience of drafting performance commentary for management/board reporting
- Experience of determining, preparing and presenting KPIs for management/board reporting
- Experience of project finance reporting