|Job Title:||Portfolio Director - Energy|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||£90k - £120k + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
We are looking for an experienced Portfolio Director to oversee financial, operational and risk reporting to our Clients managed entities and third party banks invested in their £1.Bn Energy generation portfolio.
The operational activities of the investee companies include the construction and operation of solar power parks, landfill gas generation, anaerobic digestion systems, wind farms and biomass generators.
Prior knowledge of such systems is not required but would be an advantage.
- The Portfolio Director will have a team of accountants, modellers and analysts.
This team will oversee adherence to all bank facility agreements, including the daily management of issues, consents and waivers and regular standard reporting. Working alongside the valuations team they will call on management accounts and operational reports from the investee companies to produce regular and accurate reports for lenders, equity funders as required.
- The Portfolio Director will also identify and mitigate risk within the Portfolio as well as supporting any transactions within the portfolio and ensuring that any post acquisition obligations are delivered as required.
- They will also oversee and drive cash movements through the investment structures.
- Oversee all aspects of their relationship with third party financiers of energy assets
- Proactively drive all aspects of financial risk management and corporate governance fo the Energy Portfolio
- Provide effective and proactive people management and support and coach his/her reports
- Scrutinise all operational reports, clarifying as necessary, in order to ensure all material risks and issues are managed, reported and considered in financial forecasts.
- Work with the asset optimisation teams and advisor's as necessary to improve returns and drive value enhancement across the portfolio
- Oversee the delivery and accuracy of regular and ad hoc reports as required.
- The ideal candidate must have experience of managing levered asset investments or project finance, not necessarily within the energy sector though this would be an advantage.
- The candidate must have a technical background or significant experience in working with operational technology.
- He/she will have a proven ability to grasp complex technical and commercial issues, to prioritise them effectively and to communicate them succinctly.
- He/she will have good modelling skills and an ability to drive modelling strategy as well as a deep understanding of valuations and project finance.
- Portfolio Director - Energy