Our client is a well-established consultancy providing design and advisory solutions to clients within the power sector.
Their power systems team carries out network studies in renewable grid connection projects, typically covering power systems analysis and grid code compliance assessment of wind farm and photovoltaic power plants.
They are currently looking to recruit Electrical Engineers to join this team to support the delivery of 11 kV to 132 kV network analysis studies for UK customers.
- Load flow, short-circuit, harmonic, transient stability, voltage regulation, cable sizing and optimisation and power factor improvement studies for renewable grid connection projects
- Transmission and distribution system studies
- Wind farm and substation earthing design studies
- Protection co-ordination studies and relay setting calculations
- Conceptual and detailed design of networks, substations etc.
- Management of non-complex projects
- Performing system studies to meet client's and Distribution Code/Grid Code requirements
- Producing simple and conclusive technical reports
- Carrying out detailed design work for wind farm connections and distribution substations including plant specifications
- Supporting Principal Engineers in the delivery of their projects and ensuring that work is delivered within time and budget and to the customer's expectations
- Supporting operational staff and answering technical queries
- Liaising with internal and external clients and suppliers to answer technical queries
- Review the reports and drawings
We are interested in receiving applications from Electrical Engineers; the following attributes are essential:
- BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering
- Enthusiasm for the job
- Ability to work either alone or as a part of a team
- Strong problem solving ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a very disciplined environment.