Pressure Tester & Chlorination of Water Mains
This is a new opportunity for a motivated, self-starter to carry out to carry out pressure testing & chlorination of water mains & services. You will be responsible for pressure testing, chlorination & sampling of new water mains & service pipework installations as required, meeting all legislative requirements.
- Swabbing & flushing of mains pipework
- Pressure testing of mains pipework including use of test pressure pumps, flow meters, pressure gauges & pressure loggers
- Chlorination of mains pipework including use of comparator test kits, sodium hypochlorite solutions and / or chlorine tablets, dosing units
- Flushing & sampling of mains pipework
- De-chlorination & flushing of mains pipework
- Assist, identify and diagnose if any leaks occur.
- Liaise with developers / contractors to provide a first class service.
- Keep records of work undertaken, including maintenance & monitoring work.
- Comply with H&S policies and carry out on site risk assessments for jobs undertaken.
- Standby, all operatives must participate in the out of hours work if required.
- Ensure site of job is left clean and safe.
- Attend team meetings, performance reviews, training, etc as required.
- This is an operational post and physical demands such as manual handling, carrying, bending, kneeling and working on-site are required as part of the job.
- Appropriate PPE shall be provided, including where necessary specialist PPE, such as eye protection.
- A EUSR SHEA Water Card
- A EUSR National Water Hygiene Card
- Experience & appropriate training of pressure testing & chlorination of water mains in a utilities background
- An approved recognised trade qualification e.g. City & Guilds Skills Framework 5831 or equivalent
- Working knowledge of BS 8558:2015, testing of services
- Working knowledge of Water Supply Regulations & Byelaws
- A full driving licence