PRINCIPAL AIR QUALITY CONSULTANT
Exciting Opportunity within a specialist consultancy providing technical, strategic, environmental and advising clients within the renewable energy sectors. UK Leading Consultancy within the energy sector working on various generation and infrastructure projects.
My client is seeking to a Senior/ Principal Air Quality Consultant. The successful candidate will be part of a small team working in Air Quality but would be supported by other experienced environmental consultants and town planners. It is likely that projects will primarily be within the energy generation, transmission and distribution sectors although there may be opportunities to work on other types of projects.
You will be responsible for establishing and growing this service and supporting business development activity. The role will also involve delivering training to colleagues, clients and contractors.
As you get established, you may be required to assist in recruitment, development and day to day support / management of additional staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Air quality and dust impact assessments
- Emission calculations
- Dispersion modelling
- Supporting the Environmental Impact Assessment process
- Supporting the environmental permitting process
- Preparing Air Quality Management Plans
- Supporting strategic projects or due diligence reviews through provision of specialist advice.
Majority working on project work with the remainder spent on sales activities, business development activities and in training and supporting colleagues.
- You should be experienced in their field and would ideally have practical experience of energy projects. They should also be capable of taking a leading role within the team and providing mentoring and development support where required.
- You will have excellent customer focus and able to manage client requirements and deliver complex projects for client satisfaction.
- You will be engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships, undertaking and managing project work, writing and reviewing documents and reports and managing, supporting and guiding other team consultants.
You will have a flexible and proactive approach to delivering projects and meeting client expectations overall, while managing expectations.
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- Full Member of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or qualification to become such a member.
- Delivering projects to a high level of technical competency. It is expected that the candidate would be experienced and capable of acting autonomously.
- Actively managing client relationships and ensure that their needs and expectations are understood.
- Working independently, whilst discussing projects openly to share lessons learned and expert knowledge or experience.
- Defining work scopes for others to participate in projects they are managing.
- Ensuring all work is reviewed at appropriate stages, peer reviewing others' work to ensure consistency, accuracy and that it meets clients' expectations, authorising the release of deliverables.
- Identifying risks within their projects, communicating regularly with the rest of the project team and elevating any issues to Project Director or Commercial Director if support is required.
- Supporting other members of the team as required providing one-to-one or group training.
- Contributing to, or managing the preparation of, proposals, including commercial aspects and involving others as required.
- Managing their own time and delivering multiple or large, complex projects on time/budget, managing client expectations and scope changes as required.
- Maintaining and sharing market intelligence.
- Considering their impact on health and safety, quality and environment.
I look forward to receiving your application shortly. Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 Allen & York. firstname.lastname@example.org.