Principal - Associate Infrastructure Engineer - Cardiff /Bristol
Salary - £DOE
Currently seeking a Principal - Associate Infrastructure Engineer for a global design and consultancy firm who specialise in the natural and built asset environment. As an ambitious and adept Engineer looking to enhance your career you will be joining a successful and dynamic team working on some varied and interesting projects. If you possess the necessary skills coupled with a fierce determination to grow and succeed with a supportive organisation and wish to maximise an amazing opportunity, please read on.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree Qualified and Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (M.I.C.E.).
- Land development infrastructure background (surface water, foul water drainage, highway and utility design)
- Experienced in using and managing Autodesk Civils 3D for infrastructure design and skilled in use of Microdrainage for drainage design.
- Ability in use of Navisworks and Revit in context of development infrastructure design
- Flexibility to travel occasionally throughout the UK and abroad when required.
- Client facing and ability to develop contacts and relationships.
- Previous experience in the control and supervision of aspects of a project, applying standards with the ability to resolve technical issues.
- Sound experience of managing commercial aspects of design projects
- Excellent motivator with the ability to influence and manage people and situations effectively.
- You will have the ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner to deliver the very best solutions to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director/ Associate Director, you will hold a key role within the Land Development and Building Structures team, providing expert technical advice and leading by example through the successful delivery of infrastructure, highways and drainage projects.
You will be accountable for taking a leading role in the delivery of development related infrastructure including surface water, foul water, highways and utilities design to meet the client's requirements and adoptable standards, taking responsibility for technical output. You will lead / support the management of projects including bidding to win support, resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design, providing both leadership and technical advice to project team members on the use of Autodesk Civils 3D and Microdrainage. You will also mentor and develop team members to enable them to achieve their full potential.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
- Checking / vetting all designs before issue
- Undertaking consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches
- Maintain good relationships with Client's key representatives and contribute to the marketing/networking.
- Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential Clients
- Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs.
- Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm and wish to work in partnership with clients who consistently deliver exceptional outcomes through sustainable solutions, whilst taking the opportunity to grow your career and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.