Currently seeking a Principal Bridge Engineer - Highways & Aviation to join a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm. The Bridges and Civil Structures team are involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK. If you would like to work alongside specialist and experienced engineers on some of the UK's most prestigious portfolio of clients and are also interested in offering global support to major infrastructure projects including America, Asia and the Middle East, my client could be the perfect fit for you.
After successful contract awards my client are looking to obtain a suitably ambitious and experienced Principal Bridge Engineer with proven work experience in bridges and civil structures. To be considered for a role candidates with the following credentials can apply:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- You will hold a Meng/MSc in civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered Engineer with ICE or IStructE
- Proven technical ability in the design and or assessment of bridges and civil structures
- Ability to lead design teams to successful deliver preliminary and detailed designs of structures
- Experience of working on Major Infrastructure Projects including working closely with other disciplines in a collaborative manner
- Good working knowledge of DMRB and Eurocodes
- Knowledge of commercial aspects of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good motivation, influencing and people management skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- Marine civils experience desirable
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will report to the Bridges Team Leader and provide technical leadership into assigned projects. Your knowledge will be tested and challenged and through this your skills will develop. It will be your responsibility to ensure the delivery of projects on time, ensuring quality and budgets are met whilst exceeding client expectations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Client focused
- Working in collaboration with other disciplines
- Providing technical leadership to projects
- Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including reports and drawings
- Building relationships with clients on projects
- Signing off designs and or checks
- Gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.) relating to projects for which responsible
- Liaising with the Project Director and the Project Manager
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovation.
- Mentoring and actively supporting and developing engineers within the Birmingham team.
- Ensuring projects are compliant with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and appropriate Quality, Technical and Commercial Governance is applied to projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
- We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm on some of the UK's most complex and challenging projects and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.