Principal CDM Designer
We are working with a client who is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. They are currently looking to appoint a Principal CDM Designer who will be responsible for the role across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial, Transport and Water.
- Assess the competence of any designers
- Manage the collection and sharing of Pre-Construction Information between duty holders
- Carry out H&S specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project
- Promote and manage clear communication between project duty holders with respect to coordination of outputs and management of health and safety issues at all project stages
- Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety File on completion
Skills / Experience:
- Ability to Manage Multiple Projects
- Understand key hazards typical to building and engineering projects.
- Be able to work as an individual or as part of a wider team.
- Be able to work with both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure Health and Safety issues are properly addressed and managed during the project lifecycle.
- In depth understanding of design and construction processes and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Clear understanding of the legal requirements of the CDM Regulations.
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant built environment discipline eg Architecture, Civil Engineering or MEICA Engineering
- Professionally qualified with an additional Health and Safety qualification (eg NEBOSH Construction Certificate, Certified Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register)
- A high degree of understanding and knowledge on the application of the CDM Regulations
- Significant post qualification experience in either design or construction management including experience of leading design teams
- Good communication skills are required (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.