|Job Title:||Principal Civil Engineer - UK Warrington|
|Salary:||Negotiable + Pension + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Clare Vachell|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Principal Civil Engineer - UK Warrington
ALLEN & YORK are currently working with one of our long standing clients who is a leading global consultancy. Our client is seeking a Principal Civil Engineer to work to be based in the Warrington office.
You will be assisting with the building and development of a focussed team to work on a wide portfolio of projects to include Crossrail Western Stations, Platform extension work, DDA work and new station foot bridges.
Position Description for Principal Civil Engineer
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of station Civil / Structural designs within a rail environment, assuming the role and responsibilities of a CRE as required. As our client operates in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all aspects of their service.
You will be offered personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
You will have:
- Relevant engineering Civil or Structural Engineering degree in or related engineering background preferred
- Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE)
- Post-graduate qualifications an advantage
- Experience of acting as Civils CRE on rail projects
- Experience in team leading and developing a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of BIM is an advantage
Previous experience will include:
- Experience of acting as Civils CRE on rail projects with a bias/focus on station buildings, footbridges and platforms
- Considerable post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale, application of standards
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- You will be passionate about engineering excellence and demonstrate a track record of mentoring graduates
- You will possess a desire to grasp new business opportunities, such as BIM, and utilise modern computer techniques in your day-to-day work
- Experience of delivering Design and Build projects is essential
- Rail experience for this role is essential with a bias/ focus on rail bridge design
- Steel design experience is essential
- Network Rail project experience would be highly beneficial
- Hands-on design experience and use of industry software
In return you will receive a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working environment, attention to development and a competitive remuneration package. You will have endless opportunities for impact and freedom for initiatives.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Clare Vachell at ALLEN & YORK or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.