Allen & York are pleased to be continuing our partnership with one of the UK's top water design teams. Our relationship with the team dates back to the late 1990s and we have developed a fantastic working relationship over that time.
This is a chance to join the team in Newcastle providing support in the delivery of wastewater infrastructure projects. The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure the delivery of outstanding designs and reports to a range of clients. As a senior member of the Design Team, the Principal Engineer has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Civil Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to wastewater network infrastructure in line with the clients' vision
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within the water industry with a focus on the design of wastewater network solutions
- Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- Undertake scoping and design, and provide ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the construction and commissioning of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
- Undertake technical review and approval of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications produced by other Engineers.
- Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Undertake Line Management responsibilities for members of the Civil Engineering discipline
- Provide coaching and career mentoring to developing engineering professionals
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
- Experience in water industry and in particular, in the design of wastewater networks and associated assets.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordancce with QA and H&S
Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.